Monday, June 24, 2013

Culture Day 2013

For our SuK 2 I visited 11 presentations, eight Irish and three American, if I remember correctly. My Irish presentations were "Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly - Irish bands from America", "Ireland's contribution to the world of video games", "Gaelic and its use in Northern Ireland", "Bloody Sunday for the GAA", "Abortion Law in Ireland - A Pro-Choice View", "The Irish Film Industry", "Titanic - The fate of the Irish aboard" and "Irish Gaelic - A dying language?". My American Presentations were "Mickey Mouse", "Oprah Winfrey" and "Comics in America".

I really liked most of them, especially the "Mickey Mouse"-, the "Comics"-, the "Irish Gaelic"- and "Titanic"-presentations as they were not only well presented but also very informative. I especially enjoyed Nora introducing herself in Irish Gaelic at the beginning of the presentation.

For my KGP I've decided to choose the following five presentations:
  • Irish Gaelic - A dying language?
  • Titanic - The fate of the Irish aboard
  • Abortion Law in Ireland - A Pro-Choice View
  • Bloody Sunday for the GAA
  • The Irish Film Industry
The reason why I've chosen those five presentations is because the presenters managed to interest me in their topic and made me long to know more about their topic. I am really looking forward to getting to know the matters more - for myself and, of course, in order to pass my KGP. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment