Friday, October 11, 2013

My 5 EU topics

After I spent the last week wracking my brain about topics I could choose for our semester project, I managed to come up with the following ones:
  • Regulations concerning organ donation and transplantation in the EU:
    • I'm thinking about picking this topic as I'm really into medicine and any kind of surgery. I'd be interested in looking more into the regulations concerning organs, donating and transplantations. 
  • European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control:
    • To be honest I have never before heard of this centre before but after having read through their website I'm really curious about it. This centre tries it's best to inform us about diseases and how we can prevent them from spreading.
  • Traveling with your pets in the EU:
    • This topic would interest me as I, myself, have two dogs and love to travel. This means unless I find someone to look after my dogs I'm forced to take them with me.
  • Euthanasia in the EU:
    • This topic, although it's not new to us, is a very provocative one. It forces us to think about some rather difficult questions: Who are we to take a life? But on the other side, who are we to force someone to live? While euthanasia is legal in some countries, it is forbidden others. This is very interesting to me but I could also see myself writing about child euthanasia, possibly during the Nazi Germany.
  • Christmas traditions throughout Europe:
    • Only two more months and Christmas time's back. The time when children's eyes sparkle, grown ups want to be young again and the whole world goes crazy over just one night and the morning after. And while we have our beloved "Christkind" bringing us presents, other countries have other traditions. So, I could see myself easily writing about this topic as I think it is very interesting and fitting for the coming few months.
Those are the 5 topics I finally settled on and I'd be happy writing about either of them. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas topic and Pet topic. As you know I love Christmas and start listening to Christmas music at the end of October, so I would be really interested in reading about Christmas traditions in other European countries.

    Regarding your topic about pets travelling in the EU: in my opinion it is very interesting because a lot of people have pets and it is very important to know your rights so that you don't have to abandon them when the holidays come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that you came up with very interesting topics. I like the idea of writing about child euthanasia during the Nazi regime. I've never read anything about that before. I promise I'll be the first one to read your paper! :-)

    ReplyDelete