Saturday, March 15, 2014

A day in the life of a guardian angel!


She stirs. I know her daily routine by heart now. Her struggle to get out of bed. At last, she manages, sits up and rubs the sleep out of her eyes. I have not slept for a minute. My sleep could mean her harm. She loves to toss and turn and she could easily bump against a shelf or a wall or fall of her bed. I‘m telling you, this human is unbelievable. I once fell asleep during a night shift, just for a second, and she almost fell of a bumper bed. The top, not the bottom one.


I never leave her side. I spent my mornings watching over her very closely. While she eats, walks her dogs, goes to uni and to work. Those mornings are always stressful for me. There are so many dangers. Wether it is bumping against something or slipping and falling. The afternoons are usually more relaxed. My human loves to read and listen to music. These activities usually hold little risk for her to accidentally hurt herself. Even IF she‘s horribly clumsy.


Soon afterwards, another day ends. And although it‘s a never ending story, protecting her every second, I can‘t really complain. After all, I do love my job and my clumsy human.

No comments:

Post a Comment